Programs are open to students who can benefit from the training, are able to complete the courses, and can pay the applicable fees.
Admission of Out-of-County Residents:
An additional fee of $25.00 per semester will be charged at the time of registration.
- Classes are designed so that each student has access to the necessary equipment to acquire the skills taught in the course.
- A minimum of 10 students is required to begin a course. The school reserves the right to cancel any course with insufficient enrollment.
All registration is now conducted online via this website. For first time visitors, please create an account before registering for classes. Please log in and register for the appropriate class. Please mail supporting documents along with payment or eligibility form (as noted below) to: Bergen County EMS Training Center, East 281 Pascack Road, Paramus, NJ 07652.
Eligibility Forms, Bergen County Tuition Exemption Forms & First Responder Department Authorization Forms:
1. EMT Classes & EMT Integrated Recert Classes Only:
No tuition or out of county fee will be charged to members or prospective members of Volunteer First Aid Squads who submit an original signed EMT Training Fund Certificate of Eligibility.
2. All Elective CEU Classes:
No tuition or out of county fee will be charged for current EMTs who are members of Bergen County Volunteer Ambulance Squads. Student must submit a separate signed original Bergen County Tuition Exemption Form for EACH course selected.
* The New Jersey State Department of Health and Senior Services does not accept EMT Training Fund Certificate of Eligibility Forms for EMT Elective CEU Courses.
3. Emergency Medical Responder Classes:
A reduced tuition rate for members of Emergency Services Organizations who submit a completed and signed Department Authorization Form with their application.
- Fees for each course are listed.
- Cash, checks, money orders or credit cards are accepted. Visa or Master Card only.
- Make checks/money orders payable to Bergen County Technical School.
- All fees must be paid in full within 5 days of registering. If not paid within 5 days, you may be removed from the course.
- When the school cancels a course, 100% refund will be made automatically.
- When a student wishes to withdraw from a course, a refund must be requested in writing. It must be received by the EMS Training Center within 2 weeks after the start of the class. NO Refunds will be given to students who have attended 1 or more class sessions.
- Failure to attend class does not constitute an official withdrawal. To receive a refund, the student must send a written request in accordance with # 2 above.
Some courses require a textbook. The cost of the textbook is the responsibility of the student and is NOT included in the tuition costs. You may purchase textbooks at the first class session. All textbooks are Non-Refundable, all sales are final.
Students must park in authorized parking areas only. No parking is permitted in front of the buildings, in a fire zone, areas marked faculty or in front of the garage doors.
Students must enter and exit through designated doors only. In the event of a fire, you will be directed to exit the building by your instructor.
Safety procedures must be followed at all times. This includes the operation of a motor vehicle while on the property. Any malicious action or poor behavior will result in dismissal from the program and your squad or department will be notified.
Smoking is prohibited in all buildings and on all grounds of the Bergen County Technical Schools.
Alcohol or other chemical use is strictly prohibited.
No eating or drinking is permitted in any classroom.